Saturday, September 15, 2012

Getting Respect From Teachers


One huge challenge for most students is having their teachers/professors like them. It may seem like an impossible task at times, but it really isn't. Here are some simple guide lines that you can follow for success.

  1. This is probably one of the biggest things- RESPECT YOUR TEACHER!! If you treat your teachers like they aren't important, they won't give respect back to you. You can simply change this by paying attention during class.
  2. Turn in your assignments on time. If you always forget (or just not do them) your assignments and never turn anything in, your teachers will think that you are irresponsible and that you do not care what they say.
  3. Be polite when you are speaking with your teacher. Say you are going to miss a week of school because you are going on a cruise and you needed to let your teacher know that you were going to be missing some school. Don't say, "Hey! I need the assignments for next week. I'll need them fast, I'm leaving at 3:00!" Say, "Hi Mrs./Mr. [teacher's name], I am going to be going on a cruise and I was wondering if I could have the work that you are going to be using in class. I just want to make sure that I'm not behind when I come back." If they say that you should just check the school's website for the assignments, just let them know that you probably won't have a printer or Internet access (only if that is true!!).
  4. Don't be inappropriate. Ex. swearing, short shorts, low neck tops, etc. 
  5. Look alive in class! If you just sit in class like you'd rather be at home (yes, I know, most of us would) your teacher won't think that you are trying your hardest. Nothing is better than a juicy class discussion!!
  6. TRY YOUR BEST AND YOU'LL HAVE THE REST! :)
Even if your teacher does like you already, give these simple tips a try! This makes class more fun, happy teachers, smart students, and a sunny school.

Happy learning!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment