Sunday, April 22, 2012

Reminders When Signing Up For Classes

One really good thing to start thinking about for next year is what classes you are taking. My personal opinion is that all people should have the opportunity to play some sort of instrument, whether it is a kazoo or a violin. I personally played the Violin, Clarinet, and did Choir to see what was my calling. I ended up with changing my preference from Band to Strings. If your school has a music program available for you, take advantage of it. Since a lot of kids don't want to do music programs, school districts are considering taking away music programs. They were considering taking away the Orchestra program in my school district when I was learning Violin, but thank-goodness they lifted that idea out of budget cuts. Music makes you smarter! Another thing is, I know you all got the opportunity to choose either Math or Math+ (Math or Advanced Math). I am just going to be straight up honest with you, don't feel stupid by choosing regular Math! I got Exemplary on my State Assessment, but I still do struggle in Math. All Math+ is, is harder Homework with out instruction. So if you have a hard time keeping up with your teacher know, stay with Math. Also, if you have the opportunity to choose Spanish as a foreign language to learn, you should. Since part of America's population speaks Spanish, whoever knows Spanish will have a better chance at getting the job you want later in life. I learned French for about 6 years and was getting fairly fluent at it, but then I switched to Spanish in 6th Grade. My Elementary School had French as our foreign language and the other school that combined with mine learned Spanish, so we got the opportunity to learn either language. Spanish isn't my favorite thing in life, but I am learning a lot and it will come in handy later in life. Also, when you are choosing classes like Art, or Speech and Drama do what YOU want to do, not what your friend wants to do. I know my friend wanted to do Speech and Drama, but I wanted to do Keyboard or Art. I put Keyboard as my number one choice, but since they aren't sure if so many kids are going to do it they might not do that class, so I chose Art as a backup choice. You aren't going to have much time to talk during the class anyways, so why choose to be in a class that makes you miserable?  Remember, do what you love and love what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment