Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Letter To Incoming a 6th Grader

Hi guys! I had to make a letter for an incoming 6th Grader a while back and wanted to post it on here for you all. I tried to take out some teachers' names. Your school may be a little different, but this is how my school is. Enjoy!

Dear Incoming 6th Grader,

                I know that you are probably worried for Middle School. I was too, but once I started school, I said to myself, “What the heck was I thinking? I love this school!” It’s not anything like the TV Shows, Movies, Books, etc. Nobody ever shoves kids in to lockers, and if they ever did, they would get in so much trouble! Detentions are normally not given out, unless you are really acting out. The transition goes by so fast that you barely notice that there is no recess.

                One thing that a lot of students always look forward to is lockers. Yes, I know that our lockers are tiny. But, they hold everything that you would need for the school day. Don’t put an excessive amount of decorations in your locker. If you have lots of decorations you will have a jammed locker and you don’t even see your locker very much. Try to clean out your locker often during your Guided Studies/Discovery hour frequently. Bring home extra jackets, books, etc. If you leave to much stuff, it accumulates and gets very messy! Don’t tell everyone your locker combination; it’s as simple as that. Lots of people had to get new locks because they told their friends and then their friends told their friends and so on. Then, everyone is messing with your belongings.

                The next thing that people always wonder about is Gym Class. I personally love Middle School Gym Class, because you don’t have to wear tennis shoes to school. In Middle School, you have a small locker where you keep your tennis shoes, deodorant, perfume, cologne, brush, gym clothes, etc. Changing is not uncomfortable at all, mainly because everyone minds their own business and does the same thing. If it helps, pick a Gym Locker close to the back by your friends. That’s what I did! Get to Gym soon so you have enough time to change, or else you might be considered late. Don’t dwell on this though, I am not the best about this but I haven’t had a tardy. Bring home your Gym clothes every week or so, because they will smell terrible. Trust me, you do not want to be this person.

                I am sure that you will do just as good, or better than how I did during my 6th grade year. If I can do it, then anyone can. Yes, there will be ups and downs to friendships, etc. but remember that there are people to talk to. Mrs. [.......] is really nice and I am sure that Mrs. [......]is too, so feel free to talk to them. Remember, Middle School was made to help us grow academically in every area, so make it the best it can be. Good luck and have fun!

Sincerely,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment